Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I need to recover from my vacation

Remember how I said I would need a vacation from my vacation? Well it's time I start booking another flight soon cause last week was crazy!




After we got back from Toronto my wife started to feel better but her asthma was really giving her trouble. Then a couple of days later my little one started feeling sick. She doesn't have strep throat but she got an ear infection. In addition to her ear infection she started getting hives. Our second night home was a real struggle and she stayed up for the majority of the night. THEN in the midst of all of this sickness our dog disappeared. 



The lawn people left our side gate open and when he was in the backyard he got out. I felt like I couldn't handle one more thing on my plate. Once my little one started to feel a bit better (which was about a day or two later) I decided I would make some signs and post them up around the subdivision. The same say I decided to make the signs was when my oldest daughter noticed signs posted up all over our subdivision. I couldn't call right away because it was ten o'clock at night so I had to wait till the next morning.

Fortunately a family took him in and posted the signs and they lived only two houses down from us. Our dog is old so we knew he couldn't have gone far. Once he was home everything started to turn around and I could relax again. I was able to get the girls out of the house and have some fun.



I ended my stressful week watching the USATF outdoor track and field meet. When it rains it pours but I still managed to keep running, which I needed more than anything.


My running club has some more group runs during the week so I met up with them on Wednesday to do a tempo run and on Thursday for an easy seven mile run. I gotta say that the runs helped keep me calm when I felt a bit overwhelmed. Don't you just love how running does that?

No comments:

Post a Comment