Thursday, June 18, 2015

Toronto trip day 3 (lots of pictures)

Today is our final day in Toronto and I have to say that while I loved exploring the city and being some place new, I'm so ready to go home. Having my wife be sick during this trip put a dark cloud over me the entire time. I didn't fully enjoy all of the wonderful experiences because she wasn't able to participate in them with me. I hope that we are able to come back to Toronto another time because the city is absolutely beautiful. There is such an amazing blend of so many cultures all in one city. 

You may say well there are many different cultures blended together in New York or L.A. or San Franciso. And you are so right about that but Toronto just felt different. I've been to New York and L.A. and the vibe here just felt easier to me. I don't know, maybe it's cause I was in another country. Who knows? But Toronto was a treat and I'm so glad that I got a chance to see it.

For our last day we wanted to check out the aquarium. One of my criteria for this trip was to do things that I wouldn't do back home. Miami does have an aquarium but it sucks. I've been to it a couple of times as a kid and I have sworn to never go back unless they completely overhaul it. You would think that since Miami is a big city so close to the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico that the aquarium would be amazing... but you would be wrong. So technically this is something that I wouldn't do at home.

The aquarium was amazing and both of the girls enjoyed it. It was a bit crowded but that was to be expected. I was so happy that my wife was feeling much better and was able to hang out for our last day. Any time we go to a new city she always wants to visit the aquarium, it's kind of her thing. So my teenager and I made sure to save this for the last day in hopes that my wife would be able to enjoy it. And she did!











Yes that is a blue crab ---------------------->










There was a crawl tube for the kids to go through and feel like they were in the tank with some sharks. The little one initially wanted to go but as she started in the tube she changed her mind. (As you can see in the picture above). I thought I would go through the tube to show her that it was okay but as I started out I got a bit scared myself. The tube was a bit smaller than I was comfortable with and the glass made all the sharks seem much larger than they really were. Though I wanted to back up and not go all the way, I sucked it up and crawled the whole tube. 






Right before we made it to the jellyfish area, little one had a mini breakdown due to tiredness and hunger. We got her some snacks but it didn't help much. We walked a bit faster through most of the exhibits but this was the only section that seemed to calm her down. We hung out here for a bit before we left and headed back to the hotel.

Normally this would be the time that my wife would stay with the little one and they both take a nap but today (since she was feeling better), I thought that I would stay with little one. This would give my wife and our oldest some time to hang out and see the city together. I needed the rest and took full advantage of the quiet time. Little one went right to sleep and I was in and out of a nap. I gave my oldest daughter the camera with orders to come back with pictures... and she did!






The absolute last thing that I wanted to do before we left was get some Japanese cheesecake. Right by our hotel was this store called Uncle Tetsu's Cheesecake. Everyday that we were out I passed this store and everyday it was so packed that there was a line outside the door. I saw a couple of people around the city with bags from here and figured this was a spot that the locals frequented. On the way back from their journey, my wife and daughter stopped at the store. They waited in line for over an hour for some made-to-order Japanese cheesecake and let me just say... the wait was well worth it!



This isn't a New York style cheesecake which is dense and very rich, this cake is light and although it's sweet it's not overpowering. I totally understand why there was a line all day everyday, this cake is amazing! If you ever happen to be in Toronto make sure you check out Uncle Tetsu's Cheesecake, you'll love it!


Well ladies and gentleman, that wraps up my Toronto trip. We head back home early tomorrow morning. This was such a nice vacation and the city is so great. I can now say that I've been to Canada and I look forward to coming back and checking out Vancouver next time. Now it's back to out routine and back on my grind. Of course I'm going to need a vacation from THIS vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment