Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My summer running routine

My oldest daughter is in beach volleyball for the summer. Three days a week she goes to practice and conditioning which means that for three days a week I'm up and down the road getting her to and from practice. My wife had the great idea of using her practice time as my running time. Genius!




This works out perfectly because it's already extremely hot and it seems like it will only get hotter. Running early in the morning will not cut it because the humidity is already stifling. Since my daughter starts practice at 7:30pm I use that time to run. So here is the breakdown of my running/workout schedule. 

Monday: cross train, 30-45 min. run on the beach

Tuesday: 45-50 min. run

Wednesday: cross train

Thursday: cross train, 45-50 min. run

Friday: rest

Saturday: hills or intervals

Sunday: Long run

I won't start training until the end of July, beginning of August since my marathon isn't until November. This schedule is really to maintain a base because once I'm in the thick of training, my daughter will be back in school. I'm confident that is a sufficient base and will help me to shave at least ten minutes off my previous time. I'm sure I'll shave off more but I want to think conservatively. 

What is your summer running/workout routine?


No comments:

Post a Comment