Friday, June 12, 2015

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well as you can see I've made some changes to my blog. I was sitting on this name and the change for about a week and I finally decided to just go ahead and do it. This won't be the only that is changing though. I'm currently working on a website for my coaching services and that site will have a separate blog area that you can go to. I'm not moving just yet but when the time comes I will certainly let you know.

So the name. You may be wondering what the E.A.C. stands for; it's short for Esquerre Athletic Coaching. For weeks I bounced around quirky and cute names for my blog but nothing really hit home. My wife came up with a great name but as it turns out that name is already in use. I scanned the internet looking at other running blogs and their titles. A lot of people have the word run or running to draw attention but there were also people who had titles that didn't focus solely on running. 

I wanted a name that showed I'm an endurance athlete, a coach but also a person who often struggles with eating right and keeping up with my kids. As I was driving my older daughter to volleyball practice one day we were talking about titles. My daughter, who is a social media expert, told me that the key word I need to have is Lifestyle. "Something about that word just resonates with people." And you know what...she's right!

Looking back over my older posts I noticed that so many of the things I talk about center around cooking, running tips, ideas I have, workouts that I do, not just running. So it's only appropriate to use the word lifestyle because that is exactly what this blog is about. Taking all of the things that have worked for me, or not, sharing them with you and exploring this healthy living journey together. 

So tell me what you think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment