Thursday, February 5, 2015

I'll stand by you. Or run with you, whichever you prefer.

Hey folks! Sorry for the gap between posts. My laptop crashed and... oh well that doesn't matter. What matters now is that I'm back and I have some things to share.

So last we spoke I was preparing to do the Miami half marathon with my good friend. Well obviously that time has come and gone and I am happy to report that my good friend not only finished the race but set a new PR. Her previous time was somewhere around 3 hours and 30 minutes and we finished the race in 3 hours and 6 minutes! 




Though she thought that I was going to leave her I stayed by her side for the entire race. I said words of encouragement and kept her focused on her goal. We don't live close to one another so this was the first time that we actually ran together. Considering that I wasn't a part of her training and was still able to get her close to a sub-3 hour half made me proud. 

I did take some video and yes I used my new monopod gadget. There are images of me with it during the race, but I have to pay for them and I simply don't want to do that. Once I get the video edited and looking fantastic I plan to put it up here for you guys to see. 

I look forward to getting back out there with my friend again and helping her reach a new goal of getting to the finish line in under three hours. I have no doubt that we can achieve that and who knows, maybe she will be my first coachee as an official running coach!? Stay tuned for information on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment