Friday, February 6, 2015

Excuse me... did you say Star Wars marathon?


image source: sw_feat2_web.jpg
Okay so I may be a bit late in talking about this race but, who cares. One day on my Twitter feed I see something about an inaugural Star Wars race. My heart skipped a beat and a little tear came to my eye. I mean this is the perfect combination for a running nerd like me. And I'm not talking about a #runnerd in terms of running gear and paraphernalia. I mean a nerd who also happens to run. This was epic and I immediately googled the race to get more information about it. 

So first off I found out that the race is in California. Bummer! While I love Cali with all my heart I really thought that this race should be in Florida. I mean, we have Disney WORLD not Disney LAND. Come one people! 

This was the first year for this race and with all the talk I was hearing on Twitter it certainly wouldn't be the last. And thank goodness for that because check out these medals!

image source: 1007ZW_0006DR.jpg
I would be lying if I were to say that certain races didn't have more of an appeal to me simply because of the medal. Part of the reason why I love the Miami marathon is because it's the only race to have a gyroscopic medal. Yeah, that's pretty cool. 

I'm not one to want to run in a costume. Maybe it's because I haven't found a costume that I would like to run in. Who knows? But this race will make me reconsider.

Though I will say that running as a wookie would be an absolute no no. Way too hot!


No comments:

Post a Comment