Friday, February 13, 2015

Time out

Have you ever had those moments when you feel unmotivated to do what you've been doing? For the past couple of weeks I've been in a slump, trying to pull myself out with very little success. My running took a hit, my healthy eating habits took a hit and I wasn't working out nearly as much as I usually did. And to top off the lack of will to get myself moving I've been extremely tired! It seems that the minute I hit my couch and have a moment to myself I am zonked out. 


I didn't even care that my runs went from five a week to three, and even those three were a struggle to accomplish. I simply wanted a break. Though I knew I would get back into the swing of things I really wanted to slow down. To make maters worse my little one is really going through some things. Like the terrible twos to be exact. Her naps are nonexistent, she's cranky all day, all she wants to say is no and I have no idea what makes her happy anymore. 


So rather than try and fight my way through this tornado I threw my hands up. I said I give up and I meant! I wondered why I was feeling so out of it and had to be reminded that I just came out of a whirlwind of activities. My in-laws came to visit in mid-January.


And I ran two half marathons in two weeks.



My body was telling me I needed to take it easy for a bit. I even got a cold which threw me for a loop because I just had a major cold in November. Two colds in two months was not usual for me. I normally get a cold about once every two to three years. 


Guess I should slow it down. Once I started getting back out for my runs and feeling like I wanted to do more I knew I was finally coming out of my slump. I'm happy to report that I'm back in action. After a couple of weeks of rest and taking it easy, listening to my body and (trying) not to stress out, I have gotten my mojo back. Maybe it's time to look for another race!

No comments:

Post a Comment