Saturday, January 24, 2015

Who says the sequel is never better?

Tomorrow I'll be revisiting the first race that I've ever done, the Miami half marathon! 
image source: header2.jpg
I'm so excited to do this race again for three reasons. 
  1. I know the course so there are no surprises.
  2. I'm running with a friend which will be very exciting.
  3. The medal is totally awesome.
image source: 10646678_10153506177497388_2161706971265934664_n.jpg
I'm also excited about using a new gadget that I just purchased!



I got a monopod for times that I will be able to record the races that I'm running in. I do realize that I will have to hold this for the entire run but it's much lighter and easier to hold than my water bottle. I don't plan on recording the entire race but I certainly want to catch certain moments and the views. Miami is a great course to run and relatively flat, minus the two major bridges we have to cross at the beginning of the race. 

Mother nature is being very unkind to us by dropping the temperature to very cold 52 degrees tomorrow morning. Though it will be sunny we'll be running right by the ocean and it will be breezy. I planned on wearing the race shirt and a pair of shorts tomorrow but that is no longer my wardrobe. I'm going to seriously have to bundle up because the temperature will continue to drop while we're running. 

Regardless of the weather I am totally excited to get out and run this race again. I'm ready to be Miami famous!



No comments:

Post a Comment