Sunday, January 18, 2015

Take a little trip

Lately I have had this ingenious idea and quite frankly I don't know why I haven't done it before. On many occasions I needed to pick up something from the grocery store last minute for dinner. Normally after I pick up my oldest from school I go to the store before we go home. But the other day I decided to combine my run with a trip to the grocery store and BANG! Two birds, one stone, you get the idea. Last week I ran 6+ miles to get fruit. I added an extra two apples to the list so that my little one (who I was pushing in the jogger) and I could have something to snack on. That trip went so well and made me realize that I could combine my runs with other things more often, if it makes sense of course.

So yesterday I made another trip to the grocery store to pick up some items for my wife's family who will be in town this weekend. I picked a store that was a bit further away, enabling me to complete nine miles for that day's run. Of course this can only work when I am pushing the little one in the jogger because there's an undercarriage that I can use. Plus these trips are only for seven items or less (depending on the items) because anything larger would be difficult to manage. Otherwise I think this is something that can help reduce my time in the car and increase my time on my feet. Not too shabby huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment