Friday, December 5, 2014

I thought we were trying to loose weight not pack it back on

Today we got in the mail the weighted shirt that my wife order. A company by the name of Titin (http://titintech.com/) make these shirts that you can add weights to for your workouts.



My wife has been wanting a weight vest for a while to shake up her workout routine. She was originally looking for a vest but stumbled onto this company's website. Before my wife buys anything she talks to me to see if it's even something she should get. I knew she was going to get it before she even talked to me about it. When she finds something that she really likes she tends to research the product and company quite a bit and then tell me little tidbits of information that she found. One minute we were talking about the shirt and watching the company on an episode of "Shark Tank" and the next thing I knew the FedEx lady was dropping it off at my door.



So there are actually three main components to this. There's the shirt that has all the pockets to put the weights in, then there's the compression shirt that you wear over the weight shirt to keep the weights in place and lastly there are the weights.





As the paper says the combined weight is eight pounds. Once I picked the shirt up I knew that I did NOT want to try it, but my wife was ready to try it out.



This is just the weighted shirt with the weights put in.


This is everything put together.


And like any kid we want to try out our new toys the very same day we get them. So as soon the shirt was on my wife was ready to do a test workout to see how it holds up.


Burpees


Squats with weight


Mountain climbers


Workout completed and she was ready to take that shirt off! I guess eight pounds on your upper body can certainly make a difference in a workout. We'll have to see how the shirt (and my wife) handle the workout at the gym she goes to. I'll have to keep you posted on that. Of course she's already thinking that I'm going to be using it for my runs and of course I said no. But as I said in a previous post my wife is always right and while I'm not interested in the shirt at all, I'm not ruling out the possibility of trying it in the future. Seriously, she's always right.I thought

No comments:

Post a Comment