Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ah fuhgeddaboudit

We are officially over the first week of Christmas break and I gotta be honest. I haven't wanted to run all week.


I know, crazy right!? But there's a good reason for my lack of motivation. This is the time when my family is all together with no obligations to work or school. No one is preoccupied with homework or deadlines, conference calls, reports, papers or tests. The house has a mellow vibe. Everyone is stress free. My toddler was so happy the first couple of the days during the break that you would've thought she had a sugar high. She was running around the house all giddy and excited. So with all that excitement and my family all together I didn't want to run and have that precious time taken away from them.


So I spent a lot of time just hanging out. When the little one would take her nap we would catch up on some television shows. By the way check out my new moccasins. My jeans are covering the fringe but they are sooooo comfortable.  


I've been able to get back to my garden and check on my plants. This is some mint that I planted a while back. It's taken some time to get it to this point but now it's starting to flourish. I used some in my tea the other day. I felt like I had an Oprah moment getting mint from garden and making my very own, homemade mint tea.


And the avocado plant that my wife's boss gave me is really starting to do well. The top part was burnt (long story) and I had to snip half of the leaves that were on it but after months of tender loving care, it's finally starting to come around.


We took little one to an indoor play area where she got to run around and play to her heart's content. Here she is trying out the trampoline. She absolutely loved that thing.


Then a ride on the carousel.


We found a vegan/raw food restaurant close to our house and had lunch there. This is a living pizza. I don't remember all the ingredients but just know that it was EXCELLENT!


My wife ordered a sun burger...


And our oldest had some tacos with a smoothie that she shared with the little one. We also had a serving of nachos for an appetizer which is also in this picture.

So not that I couldn't run AND do all of these things but I didn't want to have to insert a run into days that have been relaxed and easy going. Plus I'm not getting up early just to run. When our teenager is off from school and doesn't have to get up early in the morning, neither do I.

Training is great, but family is greater.

How do you juggle fitness with work and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment