Wednesday, November 5, 2014

So what did you dress up as for Halloween?

Sorry for the radio silence ladies and gentleman. I spent the days leading up to Halloween preparing for it and then the days after recovering. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday and I love dressing up. Last year I didn't get a chance to pull off the costume that I wanted but I was prepared this year. Oh and in case you weren't sure, this post is not going to be about running. Shocking right?! I know.

My little one was supposed to be a pirate but she didn't want any part of Halloween this year. She's 18 months now so hopefully next year she'll be more interested. As for my oldest daughter she decided to pair up with me and dress up as Day of the Dead skeletons. Most of the items for our costumes we already had but for the things that we were missing I went to Goodwill and picked up the missing items. One of the things in this world that make me happy is a great Goodwill store close to my house. Win! The face makeup we had from the year before and... voila!


My daughter is the taller one with the red shawl.


We weren't smiling on purpose.









My daughter did some mini research on the Day of the Dead holiday because we wanted to make sure that our costumes were authentic. As far as the costume goes there aren't any specific rules. The face makeup is synonymous with the sugar skulls that is a part of the Mexican culture for the holiday. We got a lot of great responses about our costumes. We will certainly have to up the ante next year. Let me know what you think about our costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment