Sunday, November 16, 2014

Procrastination is key when it comes to projects

Before I made running the focus of this blog, I used to write about geeky stuff that I liked (hence the title of the blog which I like and decided not to change). One of my earlier posts was about a new project that I had been working on...


For those of you that don't know what that is, it is a crocheted TARDIS blanket. And if you don't know what a TARDIS is...well give me a second and I'll get to that.

Me and my oldest daughter are huge Doctor Who fans and I decided that I wanted to make her a blanket. When I was a teenager I taught myself how to knit and made some very basic scarves and blankets. I never learned how to crochet and was told for years how easy and quick it is. Finally in my thirties I decided to learn how to crochet. And my first project was going to be this somewhat "simple" blanket.

When I posted the first picture of my blanket I think there were only ten rows and now I have made it up to about thirty five rows.


Now I would like to add that these thirty rows have been quite an undertaking. I guess because I decided to make my first project a challenging one it has taken me longer than I anticipated to finish this blanket. The blanket that you see isn't even the same one that I started out with. That original is stuffed in a box on my bookshelf forbidden to see the light of day. I have restarted this project so many times but each time I get better and better. I hoped to have finished by the time my daughter started high school. Well, looks like I won't be done till the end of her freshman year. Let's all start the clock and see exactly when I finish.

Ohh.... I forgot about to talk about the show Doctor Who. In a nutshell Doctor Who is a science fiction television show on the BBC channel. If you are a geek/nerd then you already know about this show, but if you don't you should certainly check it out. It's a fun show. I could really say more but then I'll get excited and go off on so many different tangents about this show. Maybe I'll do a separate post only about Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment