Monday, November 17, 2014

Next stop... fashion week.

The trainer for the moms workout group that I go to got a call from our local Fit 2 Run store to recruit some of the moms to model their new workout clothes. When she asked me if I would like to model I said hell yeah! I mean have you seen my amazing muscles?! Actually I didn't say that. I just said yes. I'm always nervous to step outside of my comfort box and this was certainly a situation where I would be out of that box. While my mouth said yes my mind was yelling for me to take it back.

Since I've been running I have lost about thirty pounds but in my mind I'm still that overweight frumpy woman. Even a couple of weeks ago when I went to buy new clothes I felt myself wanting to reach for my old sizes. Habit of course but I didn't realize how hard it was to break. My goal for running wasn't to loose weight. I wanted to do something that would be just for me and make me feel good, weight loss was a by-product of the ultimate goal. During my training for the marathon I got so wrapped up in the miles and cross training and eating healthier that I didn't even realize that my clothes were no longer fitting me.

My family was telling me how great I looked but for whatever reason it wasn't clicking. Then to be offered an opportunity to model in skin tight clothes made me a bit weary. To say that I wasn't nervous walking into the store would be a lie. I was petrified! But there I was stepping out of that box and challenging myself to do something I wouldn't have the courage to do before. Plus if my friend/trainer suggested that I come than clearly what my family has been telling me all along was right. So I got in the clothes and this is what happened.


Who is that sexy mamma wearing those amazing running clothes?! Hmmm... could it be ME!? In case you're wondering who the gentleman is in the collage with me, he's the owner of the Fit 2 Run store. Let's just talk about the picture in the middle which I can't seem to get enough of. There's something missing from this picture that has me going bonkers. What could it be? Back fat! I thought I would NEVER get rid of that back fat and look, I don't see any trace of it. In fact you can actually see my waist go inward rather than out from the back. Oh and I don't have any fat hanging out from my sports bra either. Who is this person?!

No comments:

Post a Comment