Saturday, September 13, 2014

You can do it! And I did.

I have done it! I have faced my inner demons and completed my 18 mile run this morning. If you remember from an earlier post, I was supposed to start my 18 mile long runs two weeks ago but was thwarted by poor meal planning and mental blocks. Yesterday I made sure to eat good carbs and protein all day AND drink tons of water. I got some good sleep last night and told myself this morning to just take it easy and keep going.

Check this out!


Nice right!

When I hit the 14 mile mark my mind was telling me Okay this is getting ridiculous now, just stop. There were many times I wanted to call my wife and tell her to come pick me up, BUT... I prevailed. For fuel I used a combination of a banana and water. I peeled the banana and put it in a Ziploc bag with a hole in the corner so I could squeeze some into my mouth (sounds gross but it works). So first mile, I had an ounce of water to drink, then second mile I had about a tablespoon of banana and I would keep alternating like that for the entire run.

As I got close to my house I text my wife and told her I need a protein shake and a prepared ice bath, STAT!  I feel great! Happy that I was able to do it and happy that it's over. Now I'm going to do absolutely nothing all day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment