Monday, September 22, 2014

Italian week of wonder day# 5

Time for another recipe from my Italian week. This recipe was awesome and I think you all will enjoy it.

ACQUAPAZZA


2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups dry white wine
salt
1 handful of baby spinach
4 small fillets of snapper or salmon (4-6 oz. each)
30 cherry tomatoes
1 cup basil leaves
zest of 1 lemon or 1 lime
2 tbsp capers, rinsed
2 tbsp flat parsley leaves, torn
1 lemon sliced into wedges

  • In a large saute pan over low heat, cook crushed garlic in oil until garlic is light brown. Add wine, 2 cups of water and 1 tsp salt; bring to a rolling boil.
  • Simmer for 5 minutes, add baby spinach, let it wilt, then gently lower fish fillets into stock. Add cherry tomatoes, basil, lemon or lime zest, and capers and continue simmering for another 5 minutes. Carefully turn fish; simmer until flesh falls apart when poked with fork, about 6 more minutes, depending on size of fillets.
  • Transfer fish to warm bowls. Bring the stock to a boil, then spoon it over the fish. serve topped with parsley and lemon wedges.
As you can see from the small amount of bullet points, this recipe is quick. Overall it took me no more than 30-35 minutes to make. I love poached fish so I was excited to make this and couldn't wait to eat it. My family really loved this one and I plan to keep this in my regular recipe file. We love to eat salmon but have stuck to the same way of cooking it over and over, this was a nice change of pace. I didn't add the lemon wedges but it didn't take away from the dish at all. The recipe had great flavor and wasn't too "fishy". I'm definitely making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment