Sunday, March 15, 2015

A runner by any other name.


Yesterday I ran in a 10 mile race at the last minute. A friend of a friend signed up to run but had to back out at the last minute. During the race I reflected a bit on how far I've come in my running. I mean, to be running in a 10 mile race at the drop of a hat without any sort of serious preparation and planning shows me how much my fitness level has grown in the past year. If you would've told me I would be running 10 milers on a regular basis a year ago, I'd believe you but certainly doubt the time frame. 



Another thing about this race that was kind of exciting was posing as someone else. This was my first time using another runner's bib. I didn't think anything of it till the race actually started and I realized I would have to remember who I was in order to look at the results. When I was running I forgot the name of the person whose bib I had, so when I crossed the finish line and the announcer said a different name I was thrown off for a minute. I only hope that I did my ghost runner justice. :) Or would I be the ghost runner in this situation?

Have you ever raced using someone else's bib?

If so, what was your experience like?

No comments:

Post a Comment