Thursday, April 16, 2015

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours

I am very excited about this coming Saturday! Why am I so excited? I'll be volunteering for the Down To Run endurance challenge in Florida. I planned on running in the race but after waiting so long to register I came to the realization that I wasn't going to run. I could still enter but the fact that I didn't do it already clearly means I don't want to run it. Plus I will be going out of town three days later and my thoughts were more focused on that. I was a bit upset with myself for a moment for not even entering. I have been chomping at the bit to do a trail run and here was my opportunity. 

Then it dawned on me... why don't I volunteer! This was one of my goals for the new year any way! So I checked the website to see if there was a volunteer registration page. No volunteer information was posted so I sent an email to a DTR representative. I got a reply within hours telling me that they needed volunteers for the race day packet pickup. I said, "Put my name on the list and I will see you there!"

After doing a couple of races I really wanted to be able to volunteer. For all the times that someone has helped me get organized, direct me to where I need to be, encourage me when I was struggling or just smile on race day, I wanted to be one of the people giving back. You know I will be taking pictures and documenting this so I can share it with you. Only two more days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment