Monday, April 13, 2015

You got plans? Well I laugh at your plans! HA! HA!

I go into every weekend with new and exciting plans or things that I need to get done that weren't completed during the week. Then Sunday afternoon creeps up and I find I've accomplished only two of the five tasks that were on my weekend to-do list. Where did the weekend go? Though I didn't do half of the things I planned on doing, this past weekend was still a busy one. 

Saturday my family and I went to the mall to get some clothes. My wife and I went through our closet after noticing that there were many items we were no longer wearing due to our weight loss. Great reason for getting new clothes, right!



We packed up three full bags of clothes to give to Goodwill. The closet looks so much cleaner now and not like it's about to burst at the seams with clothes spilling everywhere. I didn't purchase a ton of clothes. All I need are a good pair of jeans and some t-shirts and I'm good to go. I have to admit that I still can't get over the sizes that I'm wearing now.



Got this beauty on sale at H&M for $10!

New shirt and new jeans!

I also got a pair of running socks because my old ones had holes in them and were giving me blisters. 

Colorful!


After our time at the mall and after little one's nap, we all played outside for a bit. That's when everything went downhill. Little one was running, tripped over her own foot and face planted right on the concrete busting her top lip. Oh if you could've seen it and heard her cries you would've freaked out like the rest of us did. Fortunately she's doing fine now. Once we got her some ice, cleaned her up and gave her some children's Tylenol she calmed down. Although we thoroughly examined her and didn't find anything severely wrong, we wanted to err on the side of caution so we took her to the emergency room.

The doctor checked her out and said he didn't find anything severe. Her lip is swollen and she has a bruise on the area between her nose and her lip but other than that he couldn't find anything else wrong. Phew! Little one has to take it easy for the next couple of days and stay out of the sun because of the cream for her bruise. We were at the hospital for about an hour and got the thumbs up to go home. We were happy when she went to sleep and stayed asleep with no problems. 

Sunday we were all exhausted. Little one was rested but was very irritable so we all took it easy. We went grocery shopping and came home. My wife had to run some small errands and little one tagged along. On the weekends she's extra clingy when it comes to my wife because she works during the week. Of course after the accident my wife couldn't take two steps without little one suctioned to her leg. All she wanted was to stay up under her mommy, momma and sister.

By the end of the night I was way too frazzled to watch the Game of Thrones season premier. I figured I would watch it on the HBO app today once I had a moment to decompress. So all the things that I wasn't able to do this weekend will get added to the to-do list for next weekend. Let's just hope that I'll be able to get through THAT list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment