Monday, July 20, 2015

When it all falls down



Yesterday during my long run, I fell. Yup! Face planted right on the concrete with my fellow runners watching. Honestly I wasn't embarrassed I was just in shock. As I was falling I was saying to myself I can't believe this is happening, am I really falling right now? Then right as I made contact with the ground I made sure to pause my Garmin. Priorities people! 

Most of the contact that I had with the ground was on my hands. I did hit my right knee but not so hard that it had me in pain. After my fall I simply got up, checked my body to make sure nothing was bleeding and no bones were protruding. Once I noticed that everything was okay I got back up and kept on with my run.

I had a feeling that as the day progressed that I would begin to feel the aches as pains a bit more. Soon after I got home and took a shower the family went out to the beach. It's been terribly hot outside so getting into the ocean felt like the way to go. I leisurely swam around and looked at the school of fish that were keeping my company. The day was going great!

Yes I did color! :)

Then once we got home I started to feel kind of blah. My knee wasn't bothering me, nor were my hands or wrists. But I did start to feel a scratch in my throat and my nose was constantly running. I had gotten some sea water in my nose during my swim but didn't mind since I needed to clear out my sinuses anyway. By dinner time my throat was getting worse and my energy was declining.

Long story short my fall didn't put me on the side lines for the rest of the day, swimming in the ocean did. Don't you hate it when non running activities cause you to stop running?

Have you ever had to take a break or gotten an injury from something other than running that caused you to not run?

No comments:

Post a Comment