Thursday, May 21, 2015

What's in a name?

In the blogging world, your name is the first thing that your readers see. You don't have your face and overall presence to make a first impression. Unless you're a major blogger, people determine if they will read your blog or not based on your title and your name. With all that being said, I've been thinking about changing the name of my blog and subsequent social media platforms. 

When I started this blog my intention was to write about all things geeky since I'm a big nerd. But as my teenage daughter pointed out, that's not the main focus in my life. Before I stared writing about running I had very little traffic on here and I think it was mainly because of what my daughter said. Once I was able to write about what I love and enjoy, the foot traffic started to build and my Twitter followers grew. 

I still talk about some things related to geek culture but I also talk about my family, my life and whatever else I want to put on this blog. I've been told by someone people that the name is nice and I shouldn't change it. 

What are  you thoughts?

Should I change the title of my blog?

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about that, too. If you changed it, what would you change it to? Here's my two cents: The Adventures of a Healthy, Fit, Geek Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds cool! I just started thinking about this. I started toying around with the idea for over a month and have been jotting down some ideas here and there. Nothing is set yet but I do feel like the name has to change.

      Delete