Tuesday, May 20, 2014

When did my thumb turn green and why do I care?

YAY! My computer is up and running which means time for a blog post. I would love to say that while I was away there was SO much going on and I have topics out the ying yang but... not so. I did try the blogger app which was nice yet tedious. If you want to write quick little pithy posts that don't require a lot of typing then it's great. But I usually have a lot to write and typing everything on my phone with only my thumbs is not my idea of ease. So needless to say I got rid of the app the minute my laptop was in working order. Maybe my mind will change once I become more adept to my LG phone.

But anywho on with the post. 

Like I said not much has been going on but there has been one thing that has brightened my day and put some pep in my step. My garden. Small that it is my garden has been the center of my world for the past couple of months. The basil plant that I bought from Home Depot has flourished and produced batches of pesto sauce beyond belief. The green peppers I planted (from seeds from a pepper I was eating as a snack) are growing like crazy. Everything thing I read about growing peppers said to be patient because it takes a while to see any activity. But once they got going there has been no stopping them and now I have 15, yes FIFTEEN, peppers growing on one plant. I've gotten confident in my growing skills and have added kale to my mix. I wanted to pick vegetables that my family actually eats. If all goes well with the kale I would like to add onions to the mix, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Now you might be reading this and thinking Hey, didn't you have a post about struggling to cook healthy meals and getting frustrated with that and now you're trying to grow a GARDEN!? To which I would say:
1. Thank you for reading my blog and keeping track of my posts.
2. I appreciate your concern, that makes me feel special.
3. Yeah I might be in over my head but what parent isn't.

So that should give you MORE incentive to keep reading my blog and see how this train wreck turns out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment